Our vision is not a step-by-step checklist of specific buildings and programs, but the local expression of a national movement to create local solutions that are driven by the needs and desires of Douglas County citizens.
- All housing is affordable, accessible and uses assistive/smart technology as needed.
- Single family homes, duplexes, or triplexes are offered for those who desire to live alone or with roommate(s).
All residents have:
- Control of their service providers
- Freedom to furnish and decorate their own living spaces
- Choice of their roommates, schedules, activities, and visitors
- A lease
- Will provide public spaces for gathering / employment training / supported employment / educational opportunities for residents and the greater Douglas County community.
- Conference / training / educational space (for use by service agencies and RR
employees and residents)
- Multi-purpose community room (public use)
- Dining Center (for public use, restaurant style dining)
- Sensory friendly movie/theater room
- Computer technology room
- Office space (RR offices and service provider support space)
- Will be the production center for a social enterprise that would provide employment and educational opportunities
- Specially designed accessible greenhouses
- Daily activities including education in sustainable food growth and horticulture
- Public farmer’s market
Promise Ranch Riding Arena and Barn
- An indoor heated riding arena and barn operated by Promise Ranch Therapeutic Riding.
- Equine facility will offer therapeutic riding instruction and hippotherapy ( physical, occupational and/or speech therapy by use of horses)
- Small animal farm will offer therapy by use of animals including horses, alpacas, goats, chickens, rabbits,dogs, cats, etc.
- Education opportunities in agricultural science
- Will be an amenity center and gathering space for Rooster Ranch residents, therapists, and employees.–Indoor heated swimming pool and hot tub
- Fitness center–Therapy and sensory rooms
- Handicrafts, art, and woodworking studios
- Outdoor sports court
- Theatre / movie room
Rooster Ranch Inc. will be developed using state of the art technology to enhance development and security of the residents we serve. Sustainable methods and approaches will be used throughout the community in areas of energy conservation, self-nourishment, and recycling